installation, exhibition, screening, performance.
Mark Fell. 64 Beautiful Phase Violations. Installation view BALTIC 39. Courtesy the artist and BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art. Photo: Colin Davison
- collaborative piece with erik peters at fylkingen 80th anniversary festival, stockholm
- 44th presentation of multistability live at fylkingen 80th anniversary festival, stockholm
- sensate focus live at cynetart dresden
- second performance of new tonal work developed at EMS stockholm and EMPAC troy (name etc coming soon) at transformer station, cleveland museum of art, cleveland.
- 43rd presentation of multistability live at artistsspace new york city
- presentation of four works made during artist residency at EMPAC
- premier of new tonal work developed at EMS stockholm and EMPAC troy (name etc coming soon) at lampo in conjunction with Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts at Madlener House, chicago.
- 42nd presentation of multistability live at Manggha Centre of Japanese Art and Technology, kraków as part of unsound festival
- transcranial theta burst 01 trouw, amsterdam
- self and now solo exhibition baltic 39 newcastle
- 41st presentation of multistability live at tusk festival newcastle
- 40th presentation of multistability live at cave12 geneva
- 39th presentation of multistability live at oslo 10 basel
- two pencil-shaped works exhibition, gallery prazeres, madeira
- sensate focus live at hive project london
- spatial mind lock 8 channel work, 4th Dispatch: Process & Function group show, Museums Quartier vienna
- 38th performance of multistability live off festival katowice
- music of the eternal now: post-husserlian temporality, pattern cyclic time-consciousness and computer music SNO sydney
- factoid #3 at norberg festival sweden
- 37th performance of multistability live norberg festival sweden
- source of uncertainty model 266 london july 20th
- multichannel performance of ul8 section 1, with ambisonic decode of 64 beautiful phase violations. canada water cultural space. june 29th
- music of the eternal now: post-husserlian temporality, pattern cyclic time-consciousness and computer music here http://issueprojectroom.org/drupal/event/rashad-becker-valerio-tricoli-mark-fell 20 june, pan festival new york.
- music of the eternal now: post-husserlian temporality, pattern cyclic time-consciousness and computer music Pan Group Exhibition, Anthony Greaney Gallery, Boston. June 20 - 28
- 36th performance of multistability live heart of noise festival innsbruck
- sky dancers, strobe and sync sound macba barcelona.
- first presentation of n-dimensional analysis 31 may, arnol fini with mika vaino and bee mask.
- music of the eternal now: post-husserlian temporality, pattern cyclic time-consciousness and computer music at http://soundthinking2013.blogspot.de/
- music of the eternal now: post-husserlian temporality, pattern cyclic time-consciousness and computer music 28 may, leeds, including a presentation by rian treanor of multistability system 4.
- factoid #3 at editions mego all-dayer, bexhill uk
- 35th performance of multistability live editions mego all-dayer, bexhill
- two discreet generative systems installation and recording session, enjoy artspace, leeds 29 april
- non event t shirt
- 64 beautiful phase violations installation salford uk
- sky dancers, strobe and sync sound - berlin berghain as part of club transmediale.
- 3rd presentation of sensate focus pattern resynthesis at berlin horst for ctm
- 34th performance of multistability live with KEITH FULLERTON WHITMAN Cologne
- 33rd performance of multistability live at golden pudel hamburg
- 32nd performance of multistability live with PETER SWANSON and RAIME DJs, at Birthdays london
- 31st performance of multistability live at http://lullcec.org/en/2012/concerts/proof_of_concept-01-evol-mark-fell-lee-gamble-yutaka-makino/
- 30th performance of multistability live at Kultur Vaerftet helsingor denmark
- pattern synthesis seminar-workshop? at Kultur Vaerftet helsingor denmark.
- factoid #3, PAF Olomouc Czech Republic
- screening of computer graphic works, PAF Olomouc Czech Republic
- 29th performance of multistability live @ PAF olomouc
- 28th performance of multistability live @ madeiradig madeira
- 27th performance of multistability live @ sound of stockholm, Kulturhuset, Sergels torg 3, Stockholm, Sweden. see http://soundofstockholm.se/program
- fibonacci offset premier of new work with ernest edmonds, SIF studio sheffield
- factoid #3 at oddstream art, technology, multimedia expo 26 27 28 October 2012, nijmegen, the Netherlands.
- 26th performance of multistability live at wundergrund festival, copenhagen 27th october
- 2nd presentation of microtonal house chord boston 25th october
- 2nd presentation of sensate focus pattern resynthesis at middlesex lounge, boston
- 1st presentation of sensate focus pattern resynthesis at body current, club 6, san francisco
- 25th performance of multistability live at urban prototyping festival san francisco USA
- 24th performance of multistability live at modern music guild oberlin USA
- 23rd performance of multistability live at yucontemporary portland USA
- 1st presentation of microtonal house chord london 13th october
- 22nd performance of multistability live at the crofts bristol
- 21st performance of multistability live at NK computer music series berlin 29th september
- untitled sound installation for computer environment
- scale-structure-synthesis installation and record. 21-30 september at CADS artspace sheffield as part of the festival of the mind
- two prints spatial resynthesis for pan records stand at art berlin contemporary
- untitled computer generated film for ipad for pan records stand at art berlin contemporary
- artwork and typographic design for the album Just To Feel Anything by Emeralds
- 20th performance of multistability live dls sheffield
- "A very short proof of Forester's rigidity result" with Roc Jiménez de Cisneros as part of tba21 sound space at ZKM sound art klang als medium der kunst http://soundart.zkm.de/en/
- 19th performance of multistability live kraak gallery manchester.
- 70 print for ernest edmonds
- untitled installation sweden as part of prsf residency
- 18th performance of multistability live madrid eco festival
- 17th performance of multistability live Tokyo Soup
- 16th performance of multistability live Osaka Nuooh
- 15th performance of multistability live Fukuoka Blackout
- 14th performance of multistability live Nagoya Mago
- factoid #3 installation at netherlands instituut voor mediakunst amsterdam http://nimk.nl/as part of sonic acts amsterdam, http://www.sonicacts.com/2012/news
- Design of KTL V cd and 12" vinyl. Client Editions Mego Vienna.
- exhibition of prints in rotherham open arts renaissance in group show. rotherham at imperial buildings 1st march to 8th april
- 13th performance of multistability live at paradiso amsterdam as part of sonic acts 2012
- 12th performance of multistability live at berghain berlin as part of club transmediale 2012
- podcast for cyrk posted here http://soundcloud.com/cyrk-pattern-compulsions/pattern-compulsions-9-mark-1
- 11th performance of multistability live at flash of inspiration, university of sheffield students union in conjunction with human studio
- installation of tone pattern transactuality at artisphere arlington september to november 2011 as part of the Datafields exhibition.
- presentation of tone pattern transactuality at seeing sound http://www.seeingsound.co.uk/ bath spa university
- 10th performance of multistability live at the Middlesex Lounge boston, 20th october.
- 9th performance of multistability live at artisphere arlington 19th october
- design for wire tapper cd wire tapper cover
- 8th performance of multistability live at neon marshmallow festival brooklyn oct 15th
- 7th performance of multistability live at MSPF shreveport louisiana oct 14th
- 8 rectangular waves @ MSPF shreveport louisiana oct 14th
- 6th performance of multistability live at cafe OTO london 28th sept.
- 5th performance of multistability live at bold tendencies, level 8 peckham multistorey car park.
- adventure in the dirac delta performance at placard headphone festival
- multichannel performance of The Occultation of 3C 273 at active crossover, armley mill, july 1st with joe gilmore.
- 4th performance of multistability live featuring 12 speaker ambisonic panning at blank canvas, village underground, london. 30th june.
- 3rd performance of multistability live room 1013, hyatt regency, montreal 7th may 2011 to invited audience followed by questions and answers.
- 2nd performance of multistability live elektra montreal 6th may 2011 see http://www.elektramontreal.ca/
- 1st performance of multistability live at listen up event shalesmoor sheffield.
- mirrors, laser and multichannel sound installation at LISTEN UP sound art exhibition at Creative Arts Development Space, Sheffield.
- composition three point zero quadraphonic performance at the Music Research Centre, York.
- exhibition attack space decay time at enjoy artspace leeds. 26th feb to 11th march 2011.
- computer music for 8 speakers event at the woodmill south london 5th march. see http://www.woodmill.org/events.html
- screening of radial version of attack on silence at olsen leeds 6th march see http://www.olsenorsen.org/index.html
- five spatial transforms a series of 5 giclée prints produced and exhibited as part of attack space decay time at enjoy artspace leeds.
- composition three point zero one at 'mediamix' university of york uk
- composition three point zero quadraphonic performance at supersimetria - new languages in computer music. http://supersimetria.info/ barcelona
- installation of radial version of attack on silence at supersimetria - new languages in computer music. http://supersimetria.info/ barcelona
- coherence and proximity solo show at woodmill south london.
- shamanic bear session (sonology in context #2) limited edition cd 2010
- music for human design studio exhibition, tokyo, dec. see http://www.calmandpunk.com/home/2010/11/exhibition_20101217_1226_namuh_1.html
- it Hz installation and performance with high power white laser and multi-channel sound and factoid#2 installation with strobe light, orange balloon and three channel sound, chromotologies, rotherham uk.
- screening of my audio visual work attack on silence at 6th 25 FPS International Experimental Film and Video Festival 21 - 26 September 2010 Zagreb
- matter-space-motion two sound installations at hive gallery elsecar uk
- Generative Film and Performance an event at the Birkbeck Cinema London, on the 26th July at 7pm. The Computer Arts Society presents, curated by Ernest Edmonds.
- sonology in context number 1 limited edition publication
- Studies in synthesis and geometry three channel sound piece shown at 'enjoy' artspace leeds.
- psycho-neural geometrization study 5 for radio broadcast on NABA 93.1 FM Riga, Latvia, on the 31st may 2010, curated by "Skanu Mezs" festival
- attack on silence screening as part of Exposición ARTe SONoro at La Casa Encendida, madrid http://www.lacasaencendida.es/ 17th may 2010.
- attack on silence high definition 8.2 channel performance at isomorphism and totality sensoria 2010, sheffield.
- warning: this work contains... installation at "There is no solution because there is no problem" 5th to 13th march sheffield. http://thereisnosolution.tumblr.com/
- screening of attack on silence section 1 at "There is no solution because there is no problem" 13th march sheffield. http://thereisnosolution.tumblr.com/
- 365 interior daylight plots
- performance and installation at sonic materialities, millennium galleries sheffield.
- A very short proof of Forester's rigidity result generative sound piece for a 48 speaker system, with roc aka evol. to be shown at Istanbul 22nd May as part of the art program of Istanbul's European Capital of Culture 2010. see http://www.tba21.org/program/current
- three pieces for unattended, somewhat attended and attended computer performance, snd studio, sheffield
- two asymmetrical rectangular waves performance with joe gilmore, paul emery and evol @ enjoy squat exhibition, leeds
- attack on silence dvd line records, washington dc
- attack on silence @ focus:2 festival, poznan, poland
- attack on silence @ olsen, hyde park cinema, leeds on 10th of october, see http://www.olsenorsen.org/
- A very short proof of Forester's rigidity result generative sound piece for a 48 speaker system, with roc aka evol. seville biennial
- 8 square waves and phase locked blue light performance, sonar 2008 (barcelona)
- 18 x 16 pixels and 20 x 8 sine waves installation, sonar 2008 (barcelona)
- synchresis 1point2 generative installation, startrunning event (manchester)
- attack on silence @ startrunning performance (manchester)
- attack on silence @ sonic recycler screening at sonic recyler (london)
- attack on silence ltd edition print template exhibition, sightsonic (york) and isea (Belfast)
- attack on silence @ pov screening at POV wanchai (hong kong)
- t shirt for wire magazine
- wavelength tour: featuring performance of port hacking and dc-release with ernest edmonds, bloc space(sheffield), music research centre (york), wrangthorn church hall (leeds)
- performance of port hacking and dc-release with ernest edmonds, sprawl (london)
- 64 pixels and 240 sine waves hong kong
- performance of port hacking and dc-release with ernest edmonds, carriageworks (sydney)
- performance with 8 square waves and phase locked blue light algorithm stage at glade (thatcham, uk)
- performance with 160 sine waves and 144 pixels algorithm stage at glade (thatcham, uk)
- 12 hour performance with generative systems algorithm stage at glade (thatcham, uk)
- colourfield remix dvd with ernest edmonds. G fine art gallery (washington dc)
- colourfield remix with ernest edmonds. interactive audio visual performance (washington dc)
- atavism 01 + 02 interactive installation (kiveton, uk)
- max hong kong workshop workshop performance (lai chi kok, hong kong)
- office hong kong workshop workshop performance (lai chi kok, hong kong)
- dj with terre thaemlitz at uplink gallery (tokyo)
- dj at big bang exhibition opening (hong kong)
- arches of frost music for a dance by örjan andersson, Compania national de Danze at Teatro de la Zarzuela (madrid)
- vibration white finger, b!as festival of sound arts, taipei fine arts museum (taipei).
- absolute 5 with ernest edmonds, acmi (melbourne)
- absolute 4.5, beta space the powerhouse museum (sydney)
- you are here with george saxon, sightsonic (york)
- port hacking #4, el sonido de la velocidad at centre de cultura contemporània de barcelona (barcelona) short recorded exerpt of work made during a residency at UTS in sydney.
- w+w, generative film, salon (tokyo).
- untitled 1, with ernest edmonds shown at graphite (singapore).
- untitled 2, with ernest edmonds shown at siggraph (la).
- vibration white finger, screened: graf media gm (osaka), mediatheque (sendai), center for arts and media (yamaguchi), laforet museum harajuku (tokyo).
- tshirt for salon magazine, tokyo.
- works included in "Australian Concrete Constructive Art", with ernest edmonds, Conny Dietzschold Gallery (Sydney)
- sonographia performance work with yasunao tone, location one (new york)
- port hacking #4 time based av "sonar festival of advanced music and multimedia" (barcelona).
- wxw live sound and 2 screen performance work shown at "ultrasound" (huddersfield).
- untitled work for sensor+16mm with yasunao tone (york).
- sonographia work for projection and graphics tablet with yasunao tone (york).
- elsewhere performance with jez potter millenium galleries (sheffield).
- untitled 2 screen generative video work with ernest edmonds millenium galleries (sheffield)
- coming of age in south yorkshire performance with 2 screens shown at "earrational festival" (den bosch).
- port hacking #1:4 interactive sound and image performance with ernest edmonds "sparks" opening of creativty and cognition studios (sydney).
- dirty protest interactive work for light sensors made during residency at hong kong national film archive, "videotage/microwave" festival (hong kong).
- hikari no mandala interactive sound and light with mat steel and haruo ishii, commissioned by "sightsonic digital arts festival" (york).
- firecircle2 sound design for a public installation work with harou ishi shown at "media select" (nagoya).
- living without a water feature interactive work with george saxon shown at loughborough school of art and design gallery (loughborough).
- untitled work with softboard and hyrogliphics collabouration with yasunao tone shown at "creativity and cognition research studios" (loughborough).
- graphic works idea - international journal of graphic art japan 2002.
- early reflection interactive networked installation commissioned by david corbett exhibited at hull time based arts (hull).
- mumcode generative work made with robert baker, no public showing (sheffield)
- nightstrings pt.2 interactive light/sound installation with lightsensors, shown "national centre popular music" as part of lovebytes (sheffield).
- nightstrings pt.1 interactive light/sound installation with light sensors, shown at "isea2000" at the batorar light house boat (paris).
- projected game v.2? interactive installation with floor pads and floor projection shown at graves art gallery (sheffield).
- post-linear studies 291 gallery (london).
- remote systems interactive sound work commisioned by lovebytes as part of the year of photographic image. exhibited at ponds forge leisure centre (sheffield).
- atrium sound installation shown as part of "elastic frontiers" (sheffield).
- non axiomatic living room speakeasy (sheffield).
- non axiomatic living room (with jez potter). regular saturday night radio show, broadcasting experimental electronica. (sheffield)
© mark fell, modified December 05, 2013, at 03:05 PM edit print