installation, exhibition, screening, performance.
tone pattern transactuality, arlington 2011
- 31st performance of multistability live at http://lullcec.org/en/2012/concerts/proof_of_concept-01-evol-mark-fell-lee-gamble-yutaka-makino/
- 30th performance of multistability live at Kultur Vaerftet helsingor denmark
- pattern synthesis seminar-workshop? at Kultur Vaerftet helsingor denmark.
- factoid #3, PAF Olomouc Czech Republic
- screening of computer graphic works, PAF Olomouc Czech Republic
- 29th performance of multistability live @ PAF olomouc
- 28th performance of multistability live @ madeiradig madeira
- 27th performance of multistability live @ sound of stockholm, Kulturhuset, Sergels torg 3, Stockholm, Sweden. see http://soundofstockholm.se/program
- fibonacci offset premier of new work with ernest edmonds, SIF studio sheffield
- factoid #3 at oddstream art, technology, multimedia expo 26 27 28 October 2012, nijmegen, the Netherlands.
- 26th performance of multistability live at wundergrund festival, copenhagen 27th october
- 2nd presentation of microtonal house chord boston 25th october
- 2nd presentation of sensate focus pattern resynthesis at middlesex lounge, boston
- 1st presentation of sensate focus pattern resynthesis at body current, club 6, san francisco
- 25th performance of multistability live at urban prototyping festival san francisco USA
- 24th performance of multistability live at modern music guild oberlin USA
- 23rd performance of multistability live at yucontemporary portland USA
- 1st presentation of microtonal house chord london 13th october
- 22nd performance of multistability live at the crofts bristol
- 21st performance of multistability live at NK computer music series berlin 29th september
- untitled sound installation for computer environment
- scale-structure-synthesis installation and record. 21-30 september at CADS artspace sheffield as part of the festival of the mind
- two prints spatial resynthesis for pan records stand at art berlin contemporary
- untitled computer generated film for ipad for pan records stand at art berlin contemporary
- artwork and typographic design for the album Just To Feel Anything by Emeralds
- 20th performance of multistability live dls sheffield
- "A very short proof of Forester's rigidity result" with Roc Jiménez de Cisneros as part of tba21 sound space at ZKM sound art klang als medium der kunst http://soundart.zkm.de/en/
- 19th performance of multistability live kraak gallery manchester.
- 70 print for ernest edmonds
- untitled installation sweden as part of prsf residency
- 18th performance of multistability live madrid eco festival
- 17th performance of multistability live Tokyo Soup
- 16th performance of multistability live Osaka Nuooh
- 15th performance of multistability live Fukuoka Blackout
- 14th performance of multistability live Nagoya Mago
- factoid #3 installation at netherlands instituut voor mediakunst amsterdam http://nimk.nl/as part of sonic acts amsterdam, http://www.sonicacts.com/2012/news
- Design of KTL V cd and 12" vinyl. Client Editions Mego Vienna.
- exhibition of prints in rotherham open arts renaissance in group show. rotherham at imperial buildings 1st march to 8th april
- 13th performance of multistability live at paradiso amsterdam as part of sonic acts 2012
- 12th performance of multistability live at berghain berlin as part of club transmediale 2012
- podcast for cyrk posted here http://soundcloud.com/cyrk-pattern-compulsions/pattern-compulsions-9-mark-1
- 11th performance of multistability live at flash of inspiration, university of sheffield students union in conjunction with human studio
- installation of tone pattern transactuality at artisphere arlington september to november 2011 as part of the Datafields exhibition.
- presentation of tone pattern transactuality at seeing sound http://www.seeingsound.co.uk/ bath spa university
- 10th performance of multistability live at the Middlesex Lounge boston, 20th october.
- 9th performance of multistability live at artisphere arlington 19th october
- design for wire tapper cd wire tapper cover
- 8th performance of multistability live at neon marshmallow festival brooklyn oct 15th
- 7th performance of multistability live at MSPF shreveport louisiana oct 14th
- 8 rectangular waves @ MSPF shreveport louisiana oct 14th
- 6th performance of multistability live at cafe OTO london 28th sept.
- 5th performance of multistability live at bold tendencies, level 8 peckham multistorey car park.
- adventure in the dirac delta performance at placard headphone festival
- multichannel performance of The Occultation of 3C 273 at active crossover, armley mill, july 1st with joe gilmore.
- 4th performance of multistability live featuring 12 speaker ambisonic panning at blank canvas, village underground, london. 30th june.
- 3rd performance of multistability live room 1013, hyatt regency, montreal 7th may 2011 to invited audience followed by questions and answers.
- 2nd performance of multistability live elektra montreal 6th may 2011 see http://www.elektramontreal.ca/
- 1st performance of multistability live at listen up event shalesmoor sheffield.
- mirrors, laser and multichannel sound installation at LISTEN UP sound art exhibition at Creative Arts Development Space, Sheffield.
- composition three point zero quadraphonic performance at the Music Research Centre, York.
- exhibition attack space decay time at enjoy artspace leeds. 26th feb to 11th march 2011.
- computer music for 8 speakers event at the woodmill south london 5th march. see http://www.woodmill.org/events.html
- screening of radial version of attack on silence at olsen leeds 6th march see http://www.olsenorsen.org/index.html
- five spatial transforms a series of 5 giclée prints produced and exhibited as part of attack space decay time at enjoy artspace leeds.
- composition three point zero one at 'mediamix' university of york uk
- composition three point zero quadraphonic performance at supersimetria - new languages in computer music. http://supersimetria.info/ barcelona
- installation of radial version of attack on silence at supersimetria - new languages in computer music. http://supersimetria.info/ barcelona
- coherence and proximity solo show at woodmill south london.
- shamanic bear session (sonology in context #2) limited edition cd 2010
- music for human design studio exhibition, tokyo, dec. see http://www.calmandpunk.com/home/2010/11/exhibition_20101217_1226_namuh_1.html
- it Hz installation and performance with high power white laser and multi-channel sound and factoid#2 installation with strobe light, orange balloon and three channel sound, chromotologies, rotherham uk.
- screening of my audio visual work attack on silence at 6th 25 FPS International Experimental Film and Video Festival 21 - 26 September 2010 Zagreb
- matter-space-motion two sound installations at hive gallery elsecar uk
- Generative Film and Performance an event at the Birkbeck Cinema London, on the 26th July at 7pm. The Computer Arts Society presents, curated by Ernest Edmonds.
- sonology in context number 1 limited edition publication
- Studies in synthesis and geometry three channel sound piece shown at 'enjoy' artspace leeds.
- psycho-neural geometrization study 5 for radio broadcast on NABA 93.1 FM Riga, Latvia, on the 31st may 2010, curated by "Skanu Mezs" festival
- attack on silence screening as part of Exposición ARTe SONoro at La Casa Encendida, madrid http://www.lacasaencendida.es/ 17th may 2010.
- attack on silence high definition 8.2 channel performance at isomorphism and totality sensoria 2010, sheffield.
- warning: this work contains... installation at "There is no solution because there is no problem" 5th to 13th march sheffield. http://thereisnosolution.tumblr.com/
- screening of attack on silence section 1 at "There is no solution because there is no problem" 13th march sheffield. http://thereisnosolution.tumblr.com/
- 365 interior daylight plots
- performance and installation at sonic materialities, millennium galleries sheffield.
- A very short proof of Forester's rigidity result generative sound piece for a 48 speaker system, with roc aka evol. to be shown at Istanbul 22nd May as part of the art program of Istanbul's European Capital of Culture 2010. see http://www.tba21.org/program/current
- three pieces for unattended, somewhat attended and attended computer performance, snd studio, sheffield
- two asymmetrical rectangular waves performance with joe gilmore, paul emery and evol @ enjoy squat exhibition, leeds
- attack on silence dvd line records, washington dc
- attack on silence @ focus:2 festival, poznan, poland
- attack on silence @ olsen, hyde park cinema, leeds on 10th of october, see http://www.olsenorsen.org/
- A very short proof of Forester's rigidity result generative sound piece for a 48 speaker system, with roc aka evol. seville biennial
- 8 square waves and phase locked blue light performance, sonar 2008 (barcelona)
- 18 x 16 pixels and 20 x 8 sine waves installation, sonar 2008 (barcelona)
- synchresis 1point2 generative installation, startrunning event (manchester)
- attack on silence @ startrunning performance (manchester)
- attack on silence @ sonic recycler screening at sonic recyler (london)
- attack on silence ltd edition print template exhibition, sightsonic (york) and isea (Belfast)
- attack on silence @ pov screening at POV wanchai (hong kong)
- t shirt for wire magazine
- wavelength tour: featuring performance of port hacking and dc-release with ernest edmonds, bloc space(sheffield), music research centre (york), wrangthorn church hall (leeds)
- performance of port hacking and dc-release with ernest edmonds, sprawl (london)
- 64 pixels and 240 sine waves hong kong
- performance of port hacking and dc-release with ernest edmonds, carriageworks (sydney)
- performance with 8 square waves and phase locked blue light algorithm stage at glade (thatcham, uk)
- performance with 160 sine waves and 144 pixels algorithm stage at glade (thatcham, uk)
- 12 hour performance with generative systems algorithm stage at glade (thatcham, uk)
- colourfield remix dvd with ernest edmonds. G fine art gallery (washington dc)
- colourfield remix with ernest edmonds. interactive audio visual performance (washington dc)
- atavism 01 + 02 interactive installation (kiveton, uk)
- max hong kong workshop workshop performance (lai chi kok, hong kong)
- office hong kong workshop workshop performance (lai chi kok, hong kong)
- dj with terre thaemlitz at uplink gallery (tokyo)
- dj at big bang exhibition opening (hong kong)
- arches of frost music for a dance by örjan andersson, Compania national de Danze at Teatro de la Zarzuela (madrid)
- vibration white finger, b!as festival of sound arts, taipei fine arts museum (taipei).
- absolute 5 with ernest edmonds, acmi (melbourne)
- absolute 4.5, beta space the powerhouse museum (sydney)
- you are here with george saxon, sightsonic (york)
- port hacking #4, el sonido de la velocidad at centre de cultura contemporània de barcelona (barcelona) short recorded exerpt of work made during a residency at UTS in sydney.
- w+w, generative film, salon (tokyo).
- untitled 1, with ernest edmonds shown at graphite (singapore).
- untitled 2, with ernest edmonds shown at siggraph (la).
- vibration white finger, screened: graf media gm (osaka), mediatheque (sendai), center for arts and media (yamaguchi), laforet museum harajuku (tokyo).
- tshirt for salon magazine, tokyo.
- works included in "Australian Concrete Constructive Art", with ernest edmonds, Conny Dietzschold Gallery (Sydney)
- sonographia performance work with yasunao tone, location one (new york)
- port hacking #4 time based av "sonar festival of advanced music and multimedia" (barcelona).
- wxw live sound and 2 screen performance work shown at "ultrasound" (huddersfield).
- untitled work for sensor+16mm with yasunao tone (york).
- sonographia work for projection and graphics tablet with yasunao tone (york).
- elsewhere performance with jez potter millenium galleries (sheffield).
- untitled 2 screen generative video work with ernest edmonds millenium galleries (sheffield)
- coming of age in south yorkshire performance with 2 screens shown at "earrational festival" (den bosch).
- port hacking #1:4 interactive sound and image performance with ernest edmonds "sparks" opening of creativty and cognition studios (sydney).
- dirty protest interactive work for light sensors made during residency at hong kong national film archive, "videotage/microwave" festival (hong kong).
- hikari no mandala interactive sound and light with mat steel and haruo ishii, commissioned by "sightsonic digital arts festival" (york).
- firecircle2 sound design for a public installation work with harou ishi shown at "media select" (nagoya).
- living without a water feature interactive work with george saxon shown at loughborough school of art and design gallery (loughborough).
- untitled work with softboard and hyrogliphics collabouration with yasunao tone shown at "creativity and cognition research studios" (loughborough).
- graphic works idea - international journal of graphic art japan 2002.
- early reflection interactive networked installation commissioned by david corbett exhibited at hull time based arts (hull).
- mumcode generative work made with robert baker, no public showing (sheffield)
- nightstrings pt.2 interactive light/sound installation with lightsensors, shown "national centre popular music" as part of lovebytes (sheffield).
- nightstrings pt.1 interactive light/sound installation with light sensors, shown at "isea2000" at the batorar light house boat (paris).
- projected game v.2? interactive installation with floor pads and floor projection shown at graves art gallery (sheffield).
- post-linear studies 291 gallery (london).
- remote systems interactive sound work commisioned by lovebytes as part of the year of photographic image. exhibited at ponds forge leisure centre (sheffield).
- atrium sound installation shown as part of "elastic frontiers" (sheffield).
- non axiomatic living room speakeasy (sheffield).
- non axiomatic living room (with jez potter). regular saturday night radio show, broadcasting experimental electronica. (sheffield)
© mark fell, modified May 14, 2013, at 05:38 PM edit print